Dental Visits Listed Among Appointments To Be Prioritized Right Now
Posted by PERFECT SMILE DENTAL CARE on Sep 15 2020, 04:01 AM
According to an article in U.S. News & World Report, it was reported that even though the coronavirus pandemic has upended everyone’s normal lifestyle, on the other hand, for many people, this meant delaying health care appointments.
As every day goes, more and more information is known, and studies are conducted about the virus and the way it transmits. It has also improved access to personal protective equipment. The article also states that almost all the health care providers throughout the whole health care spectrum are urging patients to reschedule their canceled or postponed appointments, especially prioritize dental visits.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
In order to make your visit safe, we have taken all the necessary steps. It includes:
- Enhance the knowledge and preparedness of each member of our team.
- Pre-Screening all our patients and also team members daily.
- We practice social distancing.
- You need to complete the set of health-related questionnaires on our website before you walk in.
- You will have to rinse your mouth with an antiseptic mouthwash as part of a pretreatment rinse.
- Our clinical team will be ready in their personal protection equipment such as face shields, gowns, head covering, shoe covering, and masks.
- We have installed medical-grade air purification equipped with HEPA filters and UV lights that can effectively capture 99.9% of particulates and aerosol, including bacteria, fungus, and viruses such as Influenza, Coronaviruses, and others.
- We use an intra-oral barrier with built-in suction to remove aerosols and droplets generated by drilling and cleaning procedures.
- We have also invested in extraoral suction equipment, which is placed next to the patient's mouth to capture any remaining aerosol particles.
- We use fogging devices to spray non-toxic, electrolyte saltwater solutions further to cleanse the air in treatment rooms after each procedure.
- The examining room, all surfaces, such as the dental chair, dental light, drawer handles, and countertops, will be cleaned and disinfected thoroughly after each patient.
- The dental instruments and tools are sterilized between patients using hospital-grade sterilization equipment.
- We have installed protective sneeze guards at all reception areas.
To schedule your appointment, please call our office at 408-235-7600, and we’ll be happy to guide you further.