Same Day Appointment
ASAP ! That’s when you want to be seen when you’re having a dental emergency, whether for toothache relief, a broken tooth, an abscess, or any number of dental disorders.
At Perfect Smile Dental Care, we set aside appointment time every day for emergencies. Depending on your condition, we will do our best to see you the same day and get you out of pain.
We are here to help. Call us at 408-235-7600 or click HERE to schedule an appointment.
When a toothache suddenly flares up, it can be one of the most distracting pains known to man. No one wants to suffer through it for long.
As Shakespeare wrote in Much Ado About Nothing:
“For there was never yet philosopher
That could endure the toothache patiently.”
Dental emergencies with toothache include:
• Broken tooth or missing filling.
• Advanced tooth decay.
• Infected or abscessed tooth.
• Dry Socket (a painful condition after extraction).
• Need for a root canal.
When a tooth’s nerve becomes inflamed due to decay, a sedative filling can be just the thing. A sedative filling contains a mild pain reliever along with zinc oxide, which has disinfecting properties.
Sedative fillings are only temporary, but they alleviate the emergency and provide the protection and relief you need, so that once the inflammation has calmed, the affected tooth can be addressed with the appropriate dental care.
What Can You Do Before Your Appointment?
Some simple and effective actions include:
• Rinse your mouth with warm water.
• Don’t apply aspirin to the area, as aspirin may damage your gums.
• Cap a lost filling with a piece of sugarless gum until you reach the dentist.
• Gently apply gauze to stop any bleeding.
• Apply a cold compress to the outside of your mouth to reduce swelling and pain.
• If your tooth has been knocked out, rinse it gently in cold water, call your dentist immediately and follow your dentist’s instructions. The best chance of successfully saving the tooth is to be seen within 1 hour.
• For pain, take an over-the-counter pain reliever such as Tylenol or Advil. Do not exceed recommended doses!
• Never use a pin or sharp object to remove items caught between your teeth.
• Swab the sensitive area with clove oil (available at your local drug store).
For more info, click HERE to view our educational video. Always talk Dr. Pham or one of our team members first before taking any action.
Call us at 408-235-7600.
Our office is currently offering a special rate of $99 for limited emergency exam, and 0% interest payment plan for any treatment.
If you're looking for an emergency dentist in Santa Clara that accepts your insurance plan, we'll be glad to help call your insurance on your behalf.cy exam. Same day appointment to get you out of pain, emergency dental care, find emergency dentist, local emergency dentist, emergency dental clinic, emergency dentist service, emergency dental procedures